A family member does this little game with me and it happens over and over. After trying a bite of something that looks homemade, I say, “Mmm where did you get this from?” and she says, “Don’t worry, it’s from Trader Joe’s, so it’s organic.” The fact that people assume all products from Trader Joe’s are organic or healthy or better than what you would find elsewhere is an alarming misconception.
For the last several months, I’ve been getting a lot of questions about Trader Joe’s. Many people are questioning the grocery store chain’s policies on genetically engineered ingredients (GMOs) and asking if I personally trust their statements about the use of GMOs in their store brand products – my short answer is no, I don’t.
Now, don’t get me wrong, I LOVE shopping at Trader Joe’s. It’s fun, the employees are super nice and helpful and it’s a pleasant experience. However, they won’t share any information with us and are completely cloaked in secrecy regarding their business practices, which makes my head want to explode…. read more
There’s a war going on inside the food industry right now and I’m sitting on the edge of my seat… watching each play… and seeing who makes the right moves.
Some of the changes we are seeing are good and some are bad. The food industry is responding at rapid pace – Papa John’s is getting into organic food, Kraft created organic Lunchables, General Mills removed BHT from most of their cereals, Frito Lay is selling Organic Doritos and Amazon bought Whole Foods!
After decades of using the cheapest and easiest ways to create products to maximize profits, brands now have to face the thousands of Americans (including the Food Babe Army!) who are more aware of the crazy additives they are sticking in our food and are demanding change. There are a growing number of us who are no longer willing to buy pickles with yellow #5… almond milk with carrageenan, chips with MSG… or drinks colored with caramel coloring…. read more
The Environmental Protection Agency’s mission statement reads: “to protect human health and the environment.” Ironically, while the EPA has done some strong work in the past, the agency has also helped corporations destroy the environment and threaten human health through pesticide usage and adding neurotoxins to our drinking water. These are only two of many examples of the EPA doing an inadequate job of protecting human health and the environment.
The EPA is known to hold strong ties to oil, gas, and chemical corporations, enforcing extremely lenient regulations that allow these companies to profit at the expense of our health and the environment. The Bioscience Resource Project and The Center for Media and Democracy recently teamed up to expose some of this corruption by publishing the Poison Papers, which contains thousands upon thousands of EPA, government, and chemical company documents.
What Are the Poison Papers?
Poison Papers is a project created by The Bioscience Resource Project and The Center for Media and Democracy in a joint effort to expose any corruption within the EPA or chemical companies that somehow evade or bend U.S. laws…. read more
GMO is man playing god by altering the substance of the food. When you read about what is in your food and what it is does to your body our hope is you will eat food God intended for us to have. Advertisements are for the purpose of influencing you to buy what they are selling without divulging any of the negative details. This goes for prescription medicine, vaccines, food, news and basically everything we live our life in.
Man’s words and ways lead to confusion. The only way to be set free from these lies is to accept Jesus, learn of Him, get into the word of God daily asking for wisdom and guidance. God is faithful to His word.
There are many who do not know about GMO and what they do know is confusing. Here are a few examples:
- We are all genetically modified organisms and every other creature here on earth produced by sexual reproduction…. (located here) God says Genesis 2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. No where in the bible does it say we are made from GMO as a matter of fact GMO is no where to be found in the bible.<!–more–>
(Natural News) GREENWASHING Alert: Artificial meat is positioned as “saving the planet” but it’s almost all made from the very same GMOs and toxic herbicides and pesticides that are killing the planet.
While I’m a strong opponent of the cruel and inhumane treatment of animals in CAFOs and confined meat factories, the greenwashing of the artificial meat propagandists needs to be exposed, too.
Every artificial meat project I’ve seen so far is steeped in chemical agriculture, non-organic ingredients and toxic herbicides like glyphosate. Why won’t anybody make artificial meat with organic ingredients?…. read more
We were shocked to find out what citric acid really was. We immediately stopped buying food with this ingredient listed and were surprised of the foods we eat that had it, mainly Fruit. Now why would you add citric acid to fruit when it already has it. Read these articles below and you will soon find out why.
- The Nasty Truth: Citric Acid Comes From GMO BLACK MOLD, Not Fruit! – If common ingredients like “citric acid” and “ascorbic acid (Vitamin C)” sound normal and familiar enough that you practically conjure up an image of the flourishing orchard they were grown in – then think again.
- What You Need To Know About Citric Acid – Citric acid is one of the most common food additives in use today. You may think it is a harmless derivative of lemons, and that used to be so. Today’s citric acid is a whole different story. Here’s what you need to know about this pervasive ingredient.
- What’s the deal with citric acid: the one ingredient found in almost every food product you buy – (NaturalNews) Ever wondered why citric acid is listed in almost every food or drink ingredient label? This little product is found in everything from iced tea to hummus and organic salsa. Let’s take a look at what citric acid is and what it’s used for so universally in the food industries.
- GMO ‘Genewashing’: The Food Industry’s Plan to Keep You Unhealthy – You may be familiar with the term “greenwashing” –- a term describing the deceptive practice companies use to purposely give off the impression that their products or policies are environmentally friendly, when in fact they aren’t. Greenwashing was first coined in 1986 by an environmentalist named Jay Westerveld, and became popular when the green movement took North America by storm.Now there’s a new form of deception on the market and Naturally Savvy has a term for it: GENEWASHING. That’s right, you heard it here first!
- Is Your Vitamin C the Real Deal or a GMO Wannabe? – When most people consider the consequences of vitamin C deficiency, however, the usual image that comes to mind is of a scurvy ridden, orally challenged, 16th century sailor who has run out of limes!
While a severe deficiency of vitamin C is rare anymore, subclinical deficiency is most definitely not.
A powerful anti-oxidant, vitamin C is a water-soluble nutrient that is needed for numerous biological functions including:
- Beware of Ascorbic Acid: Synthetic Vitamin C – Did you know that ascorbic acid is actually synthetic vitamin C? What’s more, it is usually GMO vitamin C, which means it was derived from GMO corn. If you are learning this for the first time, it can be a rather shocking realization as almost all vitamin C supplements on the market use ascorbic acid.
Vitamin C used to be the real deal but now that is not so much so. We have to dig and find the real thing to take!
Back in the 1930’s ascorbic acid was isolated out of little red peppers. The man who first performed this experiment was Dr. Albert Szent-Gyorgyi who won a Nobel Prize for his work. What he also found, which has mostly been ignored until recently, was that ascorbic acid was far more biologically available and active while it was still in the red pepper…. read more
These are not biblical based but are factual
(Natural News) The following letter from EPA scientist Marion Copley (now deceased from cancer) has surfaced in the unsealed court documents originally uncovered by U.S. Right to Know and posted in plain text at this Glyphosate.news document page.
The original PDF of this document is found at the USRTK website, with a backup copyarchived at Natural News.
In this letter, EPA scientist Marion Copley begs Monsanto “mole” Jess Rowland to do his job and protect the public rather than protecting Monsanto’s profit interests, saying, “For once in your life, listen to me and don’t play your political conniving games with the science to favor the registrants. For once do the right thing and don’t make decisions based on how it affects your bonus.”… [read more]
(Natural News) February 2017 marks the introduction of genetically modified apples into US stores, sadly. The altered Golden Delicious apple will be the first to be test marketed, at ten Midwest locations. Okanagan Specialty Fruits is producing the latest Frankenfood, but more apple varieties are soon to follow. The FDA has approved Okanagan’s GMO Granny and Fuji varieties, and approval for the Gala is expected in 2018. Exactly which stores will get the new apple is not being disclosed to the public, for reasons that aren’t clear. If Okanagan has nothing to hide, why not just disclose the information in an announcement? The apples will carry the name ‘Arctic’ but if you aren’t aware of this then you could be ingesting yet another unlabeled GMO.
Anyone who has ever eaten an apple knows that they will start to brown within moments of the flesh being exposed to air. The browning is due to the presence of the enzyme polyphenol oxidase, which causes apples to oxidize. But the Arctic apples have been genetically tinkered with, and the enzyme has been limited by a gene silencing technique. And that is the hook for consumers who demand perfection in the appearance of the produce they eat – when sliced this new creation will not brown for three weeks. This Frankenfruit will come pre-sliced and wrapped in plastic, just the way nature intended (not). (RELATED: See more news about GMOs at GMO.news )… [read more]