We were shocked to find out what citric acid really was. We immediately stopped buying food with this ingredient listed and were surprised of the foods we eat that had it, mainly Fruit. Now why would you add citric acid to fruit when it already has it. Read these articles below and you will soon find out why.
- The Nasty Truth: Citric Acid Comes From GMO BLACK MOLD, Not Fruit! – If common ingredients like “citric acid” and “ascorbic acid (Vitamin C)” sound normal and familiar enough that you practically conjure up an image of the flourishing orchard they were grown in – then think again.
- What You Need To Know About Citric Acid – Citric acid is one of the most common food additives in use today. You may think it is a harmless derivative of lemons, and that used to be so. Today’s citric acid is a whole different story. Here’s what you need to know about this pervasive ingredient.
- What’s the deal with citric acid: the one ingredient found in almost every food product you buy – (NaturalNews) Ever wondered why citric acid is listed in almost every food or drink ingredient label? This little product is found in everything from iced tea to hummus and organic salsa. Let’s take a look at what citric acid is and what it’s used for so universally in the food industries.
- GMO ‘Genewashing’: The Food Industry’s Plan to Keep You Unhealthy – You may be familiar with the term “greenwashing” –- a term describing the deceptive practice companies use to purposely give off the impression that their products or policies are environmentally friendly, when in fact they aren’t. Greenwashing was first coined in 1986 by an environmentalist named Jay Westerveld, and became popular when the green movement took North America by storm.Now there’s a new form of deception on the market and Naturally Savvy has a term for it: GENEWASHING. That’s right, you heard it here first!
- Is Your Vitamin C the Real Deal or a GMO Wannabe? – When most people consider the consequences of vitamin C deficiency, however, the usual image that comes to mind is of a scurvy ridden, orally challenged, 16th century sailor who has run out of limes!
While a severe deficiency of vitamin C is rare anymore, subclinical deficiency is most definitely not.
A powerful anti-oxidant, vitamin C is a water-soluble nutrient that is needed for numerous biological functions including:
- Beware of Ascorbic Acid: Synthetic Vitamin C – Did you know that ascorbic acid is actually synthetic vitamin C? What’s more, it is usually GMO vitamin C, which means it was derived from GMO corn. If you are learning this for the first time, it can be a rather shocking realization as almost all vitamin C supplements on the market use ascorbic acid.
Vitamin C used to be the real deal but now that is not so much so. We have to dig and find the real thing to take!
Back in the 1930’s ascorbic acid was isolated out of little red peppers. The man who first performed this experiment was Dr. Albert Szent-Gyorgyi who won a Nobel Prize for his work. What he also found, which has mostly been ignored until recently, was that ascorbic acid was far more biologically available and active while it was still in the red pepper…. read more
These are not biblical based but are factual