WND: While Muslims jeer, Israelis cheer President Trump’s Jerusalem declaration, prompting Jewish religious activists to suggest building the Third Temple is closer to reality than ever before.
“What he did … was an enormous step in bringing the Temple,” said Asaf Fried, official spokesman for the United Temple Movement, an association of organizations working towards making the Third Temple a reality.
He added, “This necessarily had to come from a non-Jew in order to bring them into the process, so they will be able to take their part in the Temple.”
Fried sees Trump’s role similar to the one played by Cyrus, the Persian king who ended the Babylonian exile and helped build the Second Jewish Temple.
“There have been amazing advances towards bringing the Temple this year. It was clear that Trump was part of that process, guided by Hashem (God),” Fried declared. more …
Opinion by BIBLE PROPHECY TRACKER: That President Trump is the first US president to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel since Harry Truman, lines up perfectly with Bible prophecy that says that there will be a temple on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem in the tribulation.
Exodus 25:8 “AND THEY SHALL MAKE A TEMPLE AND I WILL DWELL AMONG THEM”
Jewish Fact and Lore:
- The Temple Mount is said to be where God gathered the dust to form Adam’s body.
The holiest spot on the Temple Mount is a bare rock, covered since the 7th century by an Islamic building called the Dome of the Rock. The Rock is known to have been the cornerstone of both Solomon’s and Herod’s Temples.
- The Temple Mount is known as the center of the world; a place that connects heaven, earth and the netherworld. “This is Jerusalem; I have set it in the midst of the nations and countries that are about her” (Ezekiel 5:5).
- The spot where Abraham bound Isaac for sacrifice. After an angel of the Lord stopped Abraham and provided a ram as a substitute for the sacrifice, he called this place “The Lord will provide” (Genesis 22: 1-19).
- When Isaac goes out into the fields to pray prior to meeting Rebekah for the first time, he is standing on Mount Moriah (Genesis 24:63-67).
- The place where Jacob laid his head after he left his father’s house to go to Haran to find a wife (Genesis 28: 10-11).
- God has declared that this is the place that He will establish His name and will dwell there forever (Deuteronomy 14:23).
- Scripture indicates that Antichrist will clear the way for the third temple to be built.
Possible order of events:
Rapture of the Church and Bema Seat Judgment (1 Thess. 4:13-18; 1 Cor. 15:51-58; 2 Cor. 3:11-15)
The diaspora is complete and the last of the Jews return to the land “not leaving any behind” (Ezek. 39:28)
The Tribulation/Day of the Lord Begins: (Jeremiah 30:7; Rev. 6:1-3)
Revival of the Roman Empire, 10 nation confederacy formed. (Dan. 7: 24; Rev. 13:1, 17:3)
Rise of Antichrist, 11th king (Dan. 7:8, 24; Rev. 13:1-8)
Temple is built (Dan. 9:27; Mat. 24:15; II Thess. 2:4 and Rev. 11:1)
(see Bible Prophecy 101 chapter 10 ‘Unfulfilled Prophecy’ here)